Monday, November 24, 2008

Before & After

Pictures of the flowers I prepared for the wedding, Rod and I went to the Flemington Flower Market at 5.30am and my dad drove the lot up to the cabin we were staying the night before the wedding. My mom and I stayed up till 1am the night before arranging half the flowers and I worke up at 6am to finish the rest and also my bouquet the morning of the wedding. I loved my bouquet. It had 3 large pink/cream roses in the centre encircled by peony roses in shades of white, soft pink and deep pink with feathers. The reception flowers were David Austin roses in red, apricot and pink with lisianthus, sweet pea, hydrangea and statice.

The morning after, we had a stroll around the garden of the B&B we were staying at and I look a little worse for wear but you can see the relief on my face that its all over and later we are lounging back home again, with our cats. our certificate of marraige is on display on the sideboard.

Still too tired to write about the wedding...perhaps when I get my pictures back . Its weird and perhaps I shouldn't be feeling like this. It definately wasn't the greatest day of my life. I liked the morning after much better. I kept admiring my wedding ring, called Rod, 'Hubby' plenty of times. I suppose it was the stress of the day and not liking to be the centre of attention..plus there was the very bad weather that spoilt a few things...sigh.......















The sheer bulk I bought at the markets because I didn't know what I was doing




















My absolutely gorgeous DIY wedding bouquet.





















Bunches and bunches of reception flowers














More ceremony flowers
















After the deed is done. Looking relieved and relaxed with my new husband. Rod wearing his wedding hat















Relaxing with the lads

No comments: