Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Hair & makeup

I was still undecided up until meeting the stylist about my hair. Decided to wear it down in the end. But even though I stressed I wanted a loose casual look. She made the curls too tight and assured me they would drop later....well, they didn't and Rod said the meanest thing after. He told me I looked like Rose Porteous/Hancock. WELL .... I said if I do look like Rose then why the hell was I marrying him for? I should find myself some old half dead filthy rich mining magnate to marry instead.

We had to hang around Richmond to go see the garden and restaurant pple to finalize details and payment. After paying $160 for my trial, I wasn't going to wash it all off straight away, I wanted to see how the look would hold up in the hot summer. So there I was, Rose Hancock, made up to the nines in horse country of all places. We went to the nursery and bird farm to kill time. All the local folk to thier credit were very polite and didn't stare, although I did get some stares from the children (ahh well, Halloween is around the corner innit?). I stuck to Rod like glue, thinking if I had to grin and bear through it then he might as well be implicated along with me...instead of asking who that crazy made up lady was they will say " Hey! Look at that guy with the crazy made up lady" and the locals will shake thier heads and mumble knowingly "Ahh... them silly city people"









No comments: