Sunday, October 12, 2008

He thinks he's so hard done by...I'll show him a real bridezilla!!!!!!!

On Saturday we went shopping in the city. Rod had to buy shoes and a belt to complete his wedding outfit. I've already bought my shoes, I found them months ago at David Jones. They were flat beaded sandals which were the exact shade of dusty ivory as my gown albeit slightly on the informal side but I conviced myself that they were the ones. Then something caught my eye in the Nine West shop window, a lovely ivory diamonte pair of shoes with a low kitten heel (after I spent months searching for low heel wedding shoes in that paticular shade of ivory b4 settling on the DJ pair) So now I have 2 pairs of shoes for the wedding.

What I really needed was underwear for the dress but I got distracted by the lacy (sometimes completely impractical) Elle Mcphearson range on sale. I like owning sexy lingerie,..yet everyday I just pull out my old cotton set because they are so comfy and only resort to wearing my best underwear when all my crappy cotton ones are in the wash. Nevertheless I bought some Elle because they were too cheap to ignore and I will leave them on display at the top of my underwear drawer. So not only did I not buy what I set out to find, I bought two items I didn't really need.

Rod comes back after leaving me in the lingerie department and wanted to show me a belt he liked. I said if he liked it, he should have just bought it. to which he had the cheek to say this:-
"Well knowing you, I had to get your aproval first, incase it wasn't the exact colour or type of belt that you wanted for the wedding"

"You say that like its a bad thing" I shot back and anyway he's way off base with a comment like that. Rod's his own man and I am generally there in the capacity of fashion consultant but if he's made up his mind about something he's going to do it regardless of what I say. I might be more opinionated on stuff about the wedding especially if he's about to commit fashion suicide but overall Rod has had a concept on how he wanted to look from the start, I've merely fine tuned it for him.

So after my tick of aproval, we bought the belt but no luck with the shoes. When we get home I hurriedly lock myself in the room and try on my new shoes with the dress, I've done it a dozen times but its alrite because Rod's never seen the whole ensemble. then its his turn but I get to see. he's got everthing except his shoes including the felt hat we drove all the way to Katoomba to buy. When he ask me what I thought. I say, all he's missing is a 1920's tommy gun and a cigar hanging out of his mouth. He looks like a character from the Godfather. but he's too square to be an actual gangster, perhaps the crooked lawyer that works for the gangsters.

No comments: